Libro.fm, a digital audiobook retailer that enables listeners to buy their favourite new listens whereas splitting income with indie bookstores, launched their high 10 audiobooks of 2020. The listing is predicated on gross sales of over 1,300 unbiased bookstores and highlights the tradition zeitgeist of one of the crucial difficult, unstable, and distinctive years in trendy historical past.
The highest 10 audiobooks of 2020 discover a variety of themes, voices, and views and embody about each style conceivable. Readers have been desirous to take pleasure in memoir, anti-racism books, literary fiction, and wonderful style books.
Check out the listing and, in the event you haven’t, add them to your TBR. Hyperlinks go to Libro.fm, which you can sign up for and select a bookstore to assist, a month-to-month membership, or ala carte purchases.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama, narrated by Barack Obama (Penguin Random Home Audio)
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson, narrated by Robin Miles (Penguin Random Home Audio Publishing Group)
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett, narrated by Shayna Small (Penguin Random Home Audio Publishing Group)
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab, narrated by Julia Whelan (Macmillan Audio)
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle, narrated by Glennon Doyle (Penguin Random Home Audio Publishing Group)
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, narrated by Frankie Corzo (Penguin Random Home Audio Publishing Group),
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X. Kendi, narrated by Jason Reynolds (Hachette Audio)
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman, narrated by Marin Eire (Simon & Schuster Audio)
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad, narrated by Layla F. Saad (Blackstone Publishing)
- The City We Became by N. Okay. Jemisin, narrated by Robin Miles (Hachette Audio)
It comes as little shock to see former President Barack Obama’s memoir topping the listing. Together with his personal narration and the success of Michelle’s memoir final yr, anticipation for this title has been constructing since Obama left workplace in 2016.
Antiracist literature took centerstage in June amidst marches for justice within the wake of police brutality in opposition to Black males throughout the US. Reynolds and Kendi’s Stamped made the philosophies and practices of antiracism accessible for younger readers, whereas Saad’s Me and White Supremacy inspired readers to take a seat down and face the realities of their racism through journaling work. Wilkerson’s long-awaited followup to The Heat of Different Suns, Caste, captured readers trying to higher perceive segregation and the realities of America’s unstated caste system.
Schwab, Moreno-Garcia, and Jemisin’s speculative fiction exploring fantasy worlds just like and wildly divergent from our personal held regular on bestseller lists and garnered reward from readers all yr lengthy.
And it’s no shock to see Bennett’s sophomore work alongside different 2020 e-book membership staples like Untamed and Anxious Individuals — maybe a e-book title much more on-the-nose for the yr than may ever have been imagined.
Samples of every of the audiobooks, alongside reward from booksellers, will be explored at Libro.fm’s blog.